Tuesday 25 June 2013

14th June 2013 - The Botanical Gardens

It's been fluctuating between rain and blue skies all day. When the rain cleared up, Jason and I took advantage of the sunshine and walked down to the botanical gardens. Of course, shortly after we left it started drizzling again, so we took a look around the pavilions first.









I took him to the bear pit and as we were leaving it a squirrel jumped out and started running around us. We'd brought some nuts with us so we stopped to feed it and take photos. I decided to use my 50mm as the clouds and trees made it quite dark and I wanted a fairly high shutter speed seeing as the squirrel didn't want to sit still.






I decided it would be better if I was shooting at the squirrels eye level and seeing as the ground was fairly dry since we were under the cover of some trees, I decided to lie on the floor. I looked pretty stupid - Jason took some photos of me. I think it was worth it. I got a couple of decent shots. Though as soon as I laid down, the squirrel decided to disappear for ages and when he did appear, he didn't come very near me.





The sun came out again so Jason and I took made the most of it and walked further into the garden. He attempted to use the Brenizer method to take a portrait of me, but we still haven't quite mastered it and it didn't quite work. After a little while we decided to go back home. We walked back through the garden where I saw another squirrel trying to eat a plastic bag so we stopped so I could take it off him and took some photos at the same time.







1 comment: