Monday 10 June 2013

7th June 2013 - Whitby

Today Leigh-Anne had a job interview at Whitby Abbey, so we decided to make a day of it. We took the bus across the Yorkshire Moors, along winding roads and up and down the hills. We drove past Robin Hood Bay which looked absolutely beautiful in the sun, but I didn't manage to get a photo of it - literally every time I pressed the shutter a wild tree appeared to get in my way.

When we arrived, we grabbed a sandwich and headed up the 199 steps to the abbey. We spent a few minutes browsing the gift shop before Leigh-Anne was called up for her interview. While I waited for her, I had a wander around the hill and took a few photographs of the bay.

I'd have liked to have got more of the graveyard in the foreground, but there was a massive pile of chicken wire in the way and this was the best I could do.

  

I was taking photos of seagulls in flight when Leigh-Anne called to say she was done. We headed back into the town to have a wander and browse some of the shops.






There was this man singing with a really creepy dancing puppet...
After wandering around for a while, we found a little cake shop to sit in and have afternoon tea. We'd just say down with our tea when Leigh-Anne got a call. It was the abbey telling her that she'd got the job! Talk about a speedy reply! So our tea turned into celebration cakes.


When we'd finished eating we had a look round a few more shops and on the way to the bus I snapped a couple more photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment