Thursday 27 June 2013

16th June 2013 - Dovedale

We got up early to finish packing. My dad had offered the yesterday night to take me and Jason to the peaks if we (I) was packed and ready early enough. We misjudged how long it was going to take to get everything done and we were in a bit of a rush, but we managed to get everything done by half eleven when we set off for Dovedale.


We found a nice rock to sit on and eat lunch when we arrived, and Jason and I spent some time taking photos. It was pretty busy since it was a) the weekend and b) a nice day. We had ideas for photos, but there were too many kids running around for some of them to be feasible. Nevertheless, Jason decided to give it a go anyway. When he's uploaded some photos I'll link them. I didn't bother to try some things as I didn't have the patience to wait for people to get out of the way.


I attempted to use the Brenizer method a couple more times, this time using my 55-250mm to see how it would turn out.



The second one I tried has too many photos and kept crashing. I'm going to try doing it in smaller batches but I haven't sorted the photos into these smaller batches yet.








After a while we had to head back in order to make it home at a reasonable time. On the walk back to the car, we passed a man (fly?) fishing in the river/stream and I stopped to take a photograph. He saw me and gave me a big grin but I used autofocus and the camera decided the people behind him were more important so it's all out of focus... my own fault really, even though I selected the focus point right on top of him. Stupid camera. Oh well!


We took a couple more photos just before we reached the car park and then headed off.



Messed about a little bit with my camera on the journey home and looked through Jason's shots.


We made it back in good time. I showed off my huge tv (the only reason I didn't get a train home for summer) and we watched tv for a while.

1 comment:

  1. that's a really busy place! next time you get a chance, stop off at laybys in the peaks, I found loads of people-free (mostly) footpaths and woods to take photos in :)

    ReplyDelete